Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Paper


In the information society, nobody thinks.
We expect to banish paper, but we actually banish thought.
~ Michael Crichton

-----

I don't think we'll ever banish paper. Email and Facebook and all -- that is fine, but nothing can replace finding a note or getting a letter in the mail.

Example:

Some of my staff members once brought me a note that they were made aware of by one of their residents. It said, "NO making babies on my couch... GET YOUR OWN!!" While it's pretty funny to tell and might be funny to read in this blog, it is not nearly as funny as it must have been to walk into a room and see the note sitting on a couch.

Of course it wasn't funny to everyone involved and led to a discussion about roommate respect and a renegotiation of the roommate contract. Regardless, I think it was a pretty good use of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment