Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Music


"Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
~ Charlie Parker

-----
I wake up with a song in my head every day. Sometimes I get busy and it slips away before I realize it's there. I've started posting the song in my head on my Facebook status. Annoying to some, I'm sure (but they don't have to read it if they don't want to).
Here is the list of songs that were in my head going back to September:
September
3rd - "Where Are You Tonight?" by Tom Johnston
10th - "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini
11th - "Please, Mister, Please" by Olivia Newton-John
12th - "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood
13th - "Domino" by Van Morrison
14th - "I'd Rather Ride Around with You" by Reba McEntire
18th - "Believe" by Cher
19th - "I've Got Two Eyes" from either Sesame Street or the Electric Company (can't remember which)
21st - "My Cheri Amor" by Stevie Wonder
23rd - "Six Feet from the Edge" by Creed
26th - "It's Gonna Be a Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas"
27th - "The L & M Don't Stop Here Anymore" by Michelle Shocked
29th - "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone

October
2nd - "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
3rd - "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers
4th - "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" by Bobby Vee
6th - "Good to Me" by Halcyon
7th – “I'm Coming Home" by Daughtry
8th - "Pocket Full of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield
9th - "It's Magic" by Pilot
12th - "Are You Gonna Go My Way?" by Lenny Kravitz
13th - "Second Chance" by Shinedown
16th - "If Today was Your Last Day," by Nickelback
19th - "Fireflies" byOwl City
21st - "Someone Like You" by Boys Like Girls
22nd - "Not Meant to Be" by Theory of a Deadman
23rd - "Disturbia" by Rhianna
25th - Conga" by Miami Sound Machine
26th - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
27th - "I'm Not Gonna Write You A Love Song" by Sara Bareilles
28th - "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay
31st - "Jolene" by Dolly Parton

November
1st - "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica
3rd - "She's Got You" by Patsy Cline
4th - "Fallin' for You," by Colbie Caillat
5th - "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette
8th - "Crazy Train" by Ozzy
9th - "That's the Way Love Is" by Marvin Gaye
10th - "You're Always Welcome at Our House" by the Serendipity Singers (lyrics by Shel Silverstein)
11th - "Ruby Tuesday" by The Rolling Stones (the 11th was a Wednesday)
12th - "Something More" by Sugarland
13th - "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5
14th - "When Something is Wrong with my Baby" by Sam and Dave (written by Isaac Hayes)
15th - "The Song that Goes Like This" by Sara Ramirez and Christopher Sieber
16th - "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
17th - "Down" by Jay Sean (featuring Lil Wayne)
18th - "Benedictus" by Simon and Garfunkel
19th - "Forever Young" by Audra Mae & the Rangers
20th - "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa
21st - "Keep Your Hands to Yourself," by George Thoroughgood and the Destroyers
22nd – "Everybody's Somebody's Fool," by Connie Francis
23rd - "Sweet Dreams," by The Eurythmics
24th - "Son of a Sailor" by Jimmy Buffet
25th – “The Chicken Dance" Unsure of the artist.
26th - "Party in the USA," by Miley Cyrus
30th "Frosty the Snowman" by Jimmy Durante

December
1st - "Rock Me Like a Hurricane" by The Scorpions
2nd - The Rain in Spain Stays Mainly on the Plain" by Julie Andrews
4th - "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Pearl Bailey and Hot Lips Page
5th - "Three is a Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock
6th - "Watcha Say" be Jason DeRulo
7th - "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne
8th - "Time Don't Run Out on Me" by Anne Murray
10th - "Fireflies," by Owl City
11th - "Cold-Hearted Snake" by Paula Abdul
12th - "Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard
13th - "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
14th - "Already Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
15th - "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga
16th - "C'Mon, C'Mon" by the Von Bondies
17th – “Falling for You" by Colbie Caillat
18th - "Get the Party Started" by P!nk
19th - "We Built this City" by Jefferson Starship
20th - "Winter Wonderland" by The Eurythmics
21st - "Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
22nd- “Battlefield” by Jordin Sparks
No idea what it all means except that you can tell when I've been listening to the radio with the girls and when I haven't. When I haven't I get random things in my head like stuff from Schoolhouse Rock, Sesame Street / Electric Company, or The Serendipity Singers.
Not a bad variety for a kid who grew up in a household listening to German and Irish drinking songs and '70s & '80s country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment