Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2016

Together

Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean or as high as the sky.
~ Sonia Gandhi
- - - - -
Leslie got me a kayak for my birthday. I think she did it so she could also get herself a kayak for my birthday. I like that. I like that she got them for us so we can do something together. I also like that she did shopping for herself when she shopped for me. 

Do I like it because she rarely buys things for herself? Nope, though that is true.

Is it because she really wanted to invest in ways for us to enjoy the outdoors together? Nope, though that is also true.

Is it because I do that every time I buy stuff for someone else - get something I would also like? Yep. That's it. That way if they say, "I don't want that," then I can have it. Unfortunately, I'm very good at choosing gifts for people so they don't often say, "I don't want that."


No comments:

Post a Comment