Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Fitting

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
~ Arthur Conan Doyle
- - - - -
Once upon a time on a road trip, Leslie and I passed a "Jasmine Cain" trailer. We didn't know who that was, so I looked it up. Based on my preliminary research, she apparently sings at a lot of motorcycle-related events. That sort of fit with the images of her with motorcycles on the sides of the trailer.

Me: I didn't know there was a big market for music for motorcycle people. (pause) That's how out of the loop I am. I just called them "motorcycle people." There must be another name for that demographic other than "motorcycle people."

Leslie: Bikers.

Me: That would be it. 

(pause) 

Leslie: I bet "Jasmine Cain" isn't her real name. It's probably "Jasmine Chain."

Me: (pretending to read information online) Her real name is Hulgu McButtonstuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment