Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2018

Store

I went to a general store, but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific.
~ Steven Wright
- - - - -

Overheard in the grocery store...

"All three of my roommates have symptoms of the same disease."

"I need straws"
"We have straws in the drawer at home."
"I used the good ones already. Some were bad."

Cashier to bagger, "Sorry you're hung over, honey. You may never be able to drink rum again. When I first started drinking, I got sick on gin and now I still can't stand it - forty years later."

On this same trip, I also saw a toddler chewing on the outside of a spaghetti squash and two abandoned shopping carts.

The world is pretty interesting if you pay attention. Paying attention is usually more interesting than grocery shopping for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment