Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pig

It's no good running a pig farm badly for 30 years while saying, "Really, I was meant to be a ballet dancer."  By then, pigs will be your style.
~ Quentin Crisp
 
- - - - -

I have to admit it -I ate pig face.  In my defense, it was buried under some other things, but I ate pig face and knew I was eating it when I ate it. 

As you may have surmised I am not vegetarian or vegan or pescadorian or gluten-free or free-range in my eating.  I have heard people say that they won't eat anything with a face.  Okay.  I respect your choices so long as you don't invite me over for gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving and try to convince me it's Thanksgiving.  It isn't.  Not in my practice of what that meal is about.

Anyway, for those people who don't eat things with faces, I wonder if they would eat the pork left behind when I ate that pig's face.  It didn't have a face anymore. 

I hear pig face and I think "Silence of the Lambs." 

I like lampchops, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment