Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sand


Many do with opportunities as children do at the seashore; they fill their little hands with sand, and then let the grains fall through, one by one, till all are gone.
~ Thomas Jones
-----
Once upon a time we had our friend Cristina babysit for the girls. Elizabeth was a terror that day. She jumped on the furniture and wouldn't listen to Cristina. When she started messing with a little zen garden we had, Cristina told her ot leave it alone. Instead of doing what she was told, Elizabeth took a handful of the sand and put it in her mouth. Thankfully, Cristina reported the incident.
Chris reprimanded Elizabeth and told her she had to apologize to Cristina for the way she behaved. She told Elizabeth to practice before they went to see Cristina. I played the role of Cristina. Elizabeth said, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for putting sand in my mouth." For some reason, I got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing.
At that point, I was no longer allowed to assist with the reprimand.

No comments:

Post a Comment