Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Arts

There is more similarity in the marketing challenge of selling
a precious painting by Degas and a frosted mug of root beer
than you ever thought possible.
~ A. Alfred Taubman
- - - - -

I think it's important to encourage the girls to support the arts. On a recent trip to Chicago, I took some pictures of these drummers. I asked Elizabeth to put some money in their bucket. She was hesitant at first, but finally agreed to do it.

As a result I told her she didn't have to pay me back for the root beer-scented pencil she had gotten at the museum gift shop.

1 comment:

  1. what kind of a parent are you, allowing the child to purchase a root-beer scented pencil...those are full of poisonous chemicals!! how do you think they get it to smell like root beer? when it's a pencil! these things do not go together. pencils should smell like pencils!

    ReplyDelete