Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Labels

I've always felt that sexuality is a really slippery thing.
In this day and age, it tends to get categorized and labeled,
and I think labels are for food. Canned food.
~ Michael Stipe
- - - - -

Today is my favorite holiday. I think the best April Fool's joke I ever played I played on my mom and dad. I was at my parent's house and they were gone. Before I left to go back to my house (I think I lived in Iowa City at the time) I chose some canned goods from my parents' cupboard and carefully removed and switched around the labels.

A day or so later my mom called. She said, "Well, we were going to have hot dogs and sauerkraut for dinner, but we ended up having hot dogs and peaches instead." Another time she said, "Your dad wanted bean and bacon soup for lunch, but instead he had a can of beets."

It still makes me laugh.


1 comment:

  1. 'member that one time when worf knocked on your door? that wasn't even april fool's day. have you noticed that every day is april fool's joke day in your world?

    ReplyDelete