Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mystery

A day spent without the sight or sound of beauty, the contemplation of mystery, or the search of truth or perfection is a poverty-stricken day; and a succession of such days is fatal to human life.
~ Lewis Mumford
- - - - -

So, I was going through my photos from a recent trip to Philadelphia. I came across this one. Doesn't the side of the building above (where it looks like there might have been a mural) look a lot like that notorious Patterson photo of Bigfoot?

What does it mean? Is it a sign? Is it just me who sees it? Is Bigfoot one of the founding fathers? What about the Yeti? How many other amazing mysteries are just waiting for us? Or maybe it just means that I have spent too much time looking at that Bigfoot photo.



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think I should learn to use Photoshop to resolve what has become a recurring problem in my life. Kris always wants to have family portraits, and for some reason she insists that this should include me. However, there is almost nothing I like about getting my picture taken. If I could use Photoshop, though, our relatives houses would all contain lovely pictures of Kris, Ella, and the Patterson Bigfoot.

    ReplyDelete