Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yards

Pay no attention to what the critics say.
A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic.
~ Jean Sibelius
- - - - -

I used to be violently opposed to yard art. I think it's because about 4 blocks from my house when I was growing up there was a statue of a German Shepherd. It always sat at about a 45 degree angle. It looked ridiculous.

There was also a fawn statue on our street that faded and chipped and... well, it didn't look real at all.

Now, I kind of like it when people put lawn ornaments out. At least I like driving by and seeing them randomly. I just don't like seeing them at my house. Though we do a frog in our front yard that the neighbors left for us. And once we had a painting of two lions left by our tree.

It was not a nice painting. Maddie was too embarrassed to move it, so she left it there all day. Because it's way less embarrassing to have it sit where everyone can see it than to go out and actually move it.

That painting doesn't live with us anymore.

That reminds me... April Fool's Day is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment