Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wine

It is better to hide ignorance, but it is hard to do this when we relax over wine.
~ Heraclitus
- - - - -

I love liquor stores. I think they are beautiful and creative places. The bottles are all different colors and the contents of those bottles have all different flavors and the names on the bottles are clever and the artwork on some of the bottles is good.
We went to Elizabeth's school conferences the other day and the teacher had a sign up that said, "No Whining: $5.00 Fine." I asked if she really charged $5.00. She said, "No. If I did, I'd be rich. All my students ask me that."
I think maybe she was just making conversation, but she might also have been tolding me I was acting like an 11-year-old.
Also, I don't think the transition from "wine" to "whining" was very good, but 11-year-olds aren't always good at transitions in their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment