Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Marketing

Love, like a chicken salad a restaurant has, must be taken with blind faith or it loses its flavor.
~ Helen Rowland
- - - - -

I appreciate roadside marketing.  Okay, I don't appreciate it disrupting the landscape so much, but as you can see here it is just disrupting the landscape of a parking lot.

I do have to wonder about Cindy or Cindy's marketing people.  Homemade Biscuits and 12 Layer Chocolate Cake, I understand.  Those could be really good.  They might be unique even to Cindy's recipes and culinary history and experience.

But chicken salad?  I like chicken salad, but I don't think this kind of sign will really draw a lot of additional customers in.  In addition, chicken salad is not really a visually appealing food.

All that said, I did not eat at this establishment and maybe the chicken salad is worth it.

I do have to wonder though...  which came first - the chicken salad or the egg salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment