Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nets

I can still recall old Mister Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to the old board of his. Then he'd spin it round and round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out, "Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!" We all thought he was crazy. But then we had some growing up to do. 
~ Jack Handey
- - - - -

When I saw these women, I thought they were catching tadpoles, but they weren't.  They were catching minnows to use to go somewhere else to catch catfish.

It was cool watching them do this.  And I was a little relieved for the tadpoles that they weren't being caught.  I have to be honest and say that I didn't really have feelings one way or the other for the minnows.  

I think the net represents the world wide web where we "catch" information and then use that information to figure out how to use a net to catch fish.  It's all cyclical.  And highly symbolic.

No comments:

Post a Comment