Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2017

Chairs

The inmates made jokes about the chair, the way people always make jokes about things that frighten them but can't be gotten away from.
~ Stephen King
- - - - -

I didn't realize it before, but this looks a lot like the front stoop of Leslie's mom's old house. Well, how it looked when they lived there, at least. Except they didn't have these kinds of chairs. There was a swing thing and an adirondack chair and I think a director's chair. The rest looks similar.

I love these kind of yellow chairs. I don't know if my grandparents ever had them, but I seem to associate them with their farm, so maybe they did. I would like to have some of these chairs, but I don't really need them right now. We already have some chairs and I tend to use just one at a time. And I don't love visitors - with some exceptions of course.

I think if you have too many chairs about your home and property,  you're just asking for guests. And you know what they say about guests... They say, "When are those people going to leave?"

Well, if the guests don't have a chair to sit in, they don't stay long.

No comments:

Post a Comment