Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Groceries

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there the guy was locking the front door. I said, "Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours." He said, "Yes, but not in a row."
~ Steven Wright
- - - - -

Our yard backs up to a grocery store. Not the grocery store in this photo. That one looked kind of abandoned.

My point is that we can smell what they are making at the deli in our backyard grocery store. Sometimes it's fried chicken. Sometimes it's ham. When it's ham, it reminds me of Grandma Boettchers. She never made ham, she WAS a ham.

If you had known my Grandma Boettcher, you'd know how funny that is because she wasn't a ham at all. My Grandma Hamlin on the other hand... 

Again, if you knew that my other grandma actually was named Hamlin, you'd realize how hilarious this post is. 

I guess this particular entry is for a pretty specific audience.

(pause)

Quit pouting. You're fine. You'll understand most of the rest of them. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment