Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Unclear

There is something special about the beauty in the unclear, the ambiguity, the in-between that you can't totally recognize.
~ Alessandro Michele
- - - - -

I was talking with someone not too long ago about politics and leadership (or lack thereof). I said something like, "Well, at least we don't have to worry about George Santos anymore." And the other person said, "What are you talking about?!" I said, "What?" They said, "He's a fictional character." I laughed, but that made the person angry. "The guy from Seinfeld?!" the person said loudly stressing the word "Seinfeld."

Then I laughed even more. They got really angry. I said, "No, Not George Costanza. George Santos." 

They looked at me for a minute and I could tell they wanted to laugh and they wanted to yell at me because they were embarrassed. And they wanted to yell at me because I was laughing at them so hard that I was crying.

This is why you shouldn't discuss politics with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment