Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

Gate

Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
~ Kahlil Gibran
- - - - -

One time when Leslie and I were having an adventure, we came to a place we wanted to explore. There was a fence around it and the gate was padlocked. I asked, "Should we go in and explore?"
Leslie said, "There is a fence around it and the gate is padlocked. I don't think we are supposed to go in."

I walked around and found a place where the fence was down and you could step over the barbed wire. I walked back to the locked gate where Leslie was and I said, "I found a way in." She sighed and rolled her eyes, but then found the same spot I had and came in.

We explored for a while then when we left I said, "See? Isn't okay to break the rules sometimes?"

"Maybe," Leslie VERY reluctantly agreed, "But it goes against my nature."

I didn't think of it at the moment, but you know what goes against MY nature? Fences and padlocked gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment