Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Penance

I have traveled a good deal in Concord, and everywhere, in shops and offices, and fields, the inhabitants have appeared to me to be doing penance in a thousand remarkable ways.
~ Henry David Thoreau
- - - - -

Sometimes when I'm in the other room and I hear something get knocked over and I hear Leslie state loudly and firmly, "Goddammit," I laugh. I know that isn't kind. I know I should go see what happened and offer to help, but hearing that happen and her say "Goddammit." Just makes me giggle.

I know someday I will have to do pennants for that. But not the kind of pennants here. Though I could definitely get some felt, cut it into a triangle and cut out the words, "I'm sorry, Leslie" and glue them on it.

Come to think of it, doing pennants is way easier than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment