Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2019

Libraries

Bad libraries build collections. Good libraries build services. Great libraries build communities.
~ R. David Lankes
- - - - -

Leslie told me a story about how she was at the library and a librarian and a police officer were arguing about whether or not a man sleeping in the library should be arrested. The officer didn't think arresting him was the right approach, but that's what the librarian wanted to have happen. Leslie said that she didn't know why the two of them were arguing in front of her.

Me: You should have said, "SH! This is a library."

Leslie: Yes, I should have.

Me: No - you should have said, "SH! I'm trying to sleep!"

We laughed and laughed. Deep down inside I think she resented me telling her what she should do and I resented her not finding out why there is a police officer stationed in the library.

But then we got over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment