Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Creepy

Sometimes, to keep things exciting, I decorate my house as if I owned a child. I'll toss a tiny pair of shoes in the hallway or lean small wooden crutches in what I refer to as "the baby's room," which is actually a tiny space where I make things. I continue to call it the baby's room because it confuses people and it's creepy.
~ Amy Sedaris
- - - - -

We could do a better job of making sure our language represents what it is really meant to represent. Too often I think we try to come up with nicer ways to say things that are not necessarily nice. For example, why don't we use the word "pervatrator"? It means people who are pervy and perpetrate their perviness on others. 

It's much nicer than calling them the things we call these people now - "neighbor" or "doll maker" or "nurse."

No comments:

Post a Comment