Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2019

Follow

I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values - and follow my own moral compass - then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.
~ Michelle Obama
- - - - -

The other day I went to a movie. I couldn't remember the name and when the ticket person asked me what I wanted to see, I said, "I don't remember. I think it's called 'Them That Come After.'" She looked down at the ticket screen and said, "You mean 'Them That Follow'?" I said that yes, that was the movie.

For some reason that made me giggle. I don't giggle often. And then I heard myself giggling and that made me giggle more.

I was glad that there were not a lot of people around at the time.

And also I learned that this is an example of academics always trying to use twice as many words as they need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment