Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

Paths

The obstacle is the path.
~ Zen Proverb
- - - - -

I started this blog ten years ago today. I was in a really difficult place in my life and I wanted a creative outlet that was just for me so that I could laugh and try to train myself to pay attention to the moments and things in life that bring laughter and beauty every day. These are the same things we easily overlook when we are depressed or anxious or struggling.

The obstacles and challenges I was facing inspired me to write this blog. The obstacle was the way the forward. Without the situations I was in, I wouldn't have looked for a way to write and use my photography in creative ways. 

But ten years later, what is the result of the blog? Has it made me a happier person? Has it really trained me to focus on positive things and moments of beauty? And what about other people who have happened to stumble across my blog - has it helped them? Has it inspired them to pursue joy and a positive sense of being rather than wallowing in negativity and self-pity? And by touching individuals, has it transformed the world so that it is a better place?

Yes. It has done all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment