Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Conversation, II

Be brave enough to start a conversation that matters.
~ Margaret Wheatley
- - - - -

First, a recap from yesterday's blog:

The other day I was texting with Kirk. We were texting about different things we had been watching. I wanted to write to him about the weirdness of watching Ted Danson on "The Good Place" (something I watch on my own) while also watching Ted Danson on "Damages" (something Leslie and I are watching). But he doesn't watch "Damages," so it was meaningless. And Leslie doesn't watch "The Good Place," so I can't talk to her.

I'm so alone sometimes.

Now today's continuation of the post "Conversation":

But that's not my point in this post. My point is that when I asked Kirk if he watched "Damages" he said he didn't because he can't keep up with any more shows. Especially ones that are more than one season at a time.

I told him about how our internet / cable had been out for three days and during that time Leslie and I sat on the couch and talked about things instead of watching TV. I said, "Our cable was out for a few days. We sat and talked. Mostly about how angry we were that cable was out."

No comments:

Post a Comment