Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Umbrellas

Illusions are like umbrellas - you no sooner get them than you lose them, and the loss always leaves a little, painful wound.
~ W. Somerset Maugham
- - - - -
Was I surprised there was an Umbrella Cover Museum?
I was.
Was I surprised to learn that Umbrella Cover Day is July 6th?
I was.
Am I surprised that I recommend that everyone who goes to Portland, ME visit The Umbrella Cover Museum on Peak's Island?
Yes. But I do definitely recommend it.
Was I surprised that Jared and Kirk took me to the Umbrella Cover Museum? Twice? (it wasn't open on Mondays and the first time we went was a Monday, so we had to wait until the next year to go.)
No. That seems perfectly in keeping with who they are. And their deep love for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment