Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2019

Glasses

Most of my childhood is a blur - because I needed better glasses.
~ Wendy Liebman
- - - - -

I needed glasses when I was in first grade. I had a lot of headaches. I once had to stand in the corner because I was telling all the kids to shut up because they were too loud and it hurt my head.

But once I got my eyes checked and got glasses, I got an apology from my teacher and huge financial settlement from the school.

That second part is a lie. Back then we didn't sue the schools all the time. We would just, "Shut up. Sit down. And keep still." Which is NOT a quote from my first grade teacher.

It is a quote from my sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Richardson.

(pause)

Now I'm starting to second guess some of educational experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment