Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Consultation

There is a wisdom in children, a kind of knowing, a kind of believing, that we, as adults, do not have.
~ Adam Gidwitz
- - - - -

I learn and relearn things from children all of the time. Like when Zak said, "Want me to show you how I can hack Papa's phone?" and I said I did. He asked to borrow my phone. 

When Kirk came back to the table, he declared in a frustrated tone, "My phone only communicates in Portuguese now!"

Zak smiled at me and then talked Kirk through how to resolve the issue. 

Of course, ever since I let Zak use my phone, I have felt guilty about that trick I helped him play on Kirk. Well, not guilty, exactly. It is more a sense of outrage because I can't turn off the flashlight anymore, and the alarm on my phone is now just a long string of profanities. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment