Search This Blog

Friday, June 23, 2023

Signs

My position has always been that the way people age and the signs that we show of aging are nature's way of tattooing. It's natural scarification, and the life you lead gives you the symbols and the emblems of your life, the road map you followed.
~ Frances McDormand

- - - - -

I don't think most signs in life are cryptic or mysterious. I think if you pay attention, not only will you see them, but you will understand what they are trying to tell you. 

This isn't always the case. One time there was a package of something - Twinkies? Dish sponges? I forget. Anyway, the sign said, "Now in four-packs. Buy three and get one free!" I asked the cashier if I could just have the free one. They said no.

So... some signs are mysterious, I guess. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment