Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2023

Preference

I have a strong preference for being alive.
~ Alan Alda
- - - - -

I've learned not to be picky about decorating for the holidays. If there are children in your lives, you are going to have something on your tree made out of yarn or popsicle sticks. If you have someone who is sentimental in your world, there are going to be ornaments that are really old and worn. And there is going to be glitter, no matter what you do to avoid it.

That said, I do like a coordinated tree and thematically wrapped gifts. Leslie didn't think the wood-looking wrapping paper was very holiday-ish, but you know what else is made of wood? Popsicle stick ornaments. And nutcrackers. AND CHRISTMAS TREES. So I beg - nay, I INSIST on differing.

Welcome to the most wonderful time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment