Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Night

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. 
~ e. e. cummings 
- - - - -

The other day I drove into the parking ramp to go to work and "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins was on the radio.  As I have shared before, I cannot turn off Phil Collins when he is singing in the car, or else I get a flat tire.  I ended up being a few minutes late to work.  "In the Air Tonight" is a really long song.

But I didn't get a flat tire that day.

We got one a few days later, but it wasn't ME who turned off Phil Collins.  I'm guessing it was Maddie.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good story to share. Now if you are late to work, we will all know why.

    I believe I might have a similar story. I just can't think of it right now.

    ReplyDelete