Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Questions

The only interesting answers are those that destroy the questions.
~ Susan Sontag
- - - - -

Wow. That is a powerful quote. I think that maybe the opposite is also true.

For example, when I stopped to take a photo of this mailbox at the house around the corner from where I used to live, a woman from the house came outside. She asked, "What are you doing?" I responded that I hadn't ever seen someone paint part of their address on the mail flag before, so I thought it was interesting.

I thought that was the end of it. She asked a question. I responded. My answer in no way destroyed her question.

Then she asked me another question, "Want a cat?"

I didn't know how to respond, so I said, "No."

Perhaps the only interesting questions are those that the destroy the answers before you even get a chance to respond.

Also, why was she giving away cats?

No comments:

Post a Comment