Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Meaning

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning.
~ Maya Angelou
-----
Yesterday (Valentine's Day), Chris and the girls and I were driving and "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga came on the radio. We stopped for gas and Chris said, "When I get back from paying, I want each of you to explain to me what that song means to you."
While Chris was gone, I told Maddie and Elizabeth what I thought they should say.
Chris came back and I said, "I don't know what the words mean, I just like the music."
Elizabeth said, "It's bad and offenseive to me."
Maddie said, "It's about unattached relationships."
Chris about had a meltdown and was going to grill Maddie about "unattached relationships." I admitted I told them what to say.
Other than that, it was a pretty nice Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment