Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pirates

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.
~ Johnny Depp
-----
Last night Elizabeth made her debut as a pirate in the Fellows Elementary production of "Pirates of Penzance." It was the first time I had seen the production. There are some elements that were a little alarming (portrayal of law enforcement, the father giving away the daughters theme, etc.), but I guess that's the way the theatre is.

What I failed to remember is that I don't like the sound of children singing. Other than that, it was good.

Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean served as E's inspiration. Here you can see Chris helping prep her:

Elizabeth: So... you're freaking me out a little coming at my eyeball with a pencil!

Elizabeth was excited to get a tooth blacked out, but she said it was a little gross because it "flaked off after a while."





No comments:

Post a Comment