Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Babies

What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into
an icy river to save a solid gold baby?
Maybe we'll never know.
~ Jack Handey
- - - - -

The other day I was in a store and I heard two friends (friends with each other, not my friends) talking about car seats for their babies. They went on and on and on. It was really a boring conversation. I told myself, "If they don't change the subject, I'm going to quit following them around!" And then I thought, "What's the big deal about a car seat, anyway? They're just babies. It's not like they can vote. Or sue if their car seat messes up." And then I vaguely remembered my own car seat which I think involved black electrical tape.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can avoid all talk of car seats by fashioning a sled to your yellow lab and having him move the baby around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had a car seat? i don't think i did. but i'm quite a bit older than you. not.

    ReplyDelete