Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Costumes

Some people wear their smile like a disguise.
Those people who smile a lot, watch their eyes.
I know 'cause I'm like that a lot.
You think everything's ok, and it is . . . 'til it's not.
~ Ani Difranco
- - - - -

At the homecoming football game (2010: ISU defeated KU), the band all dressed up in costumes. As I was leaving the game, someone called my name. I walked over. "I'm sorry," I said waving, "But I have no idea who you are." "It's Mary Beth Golemo, the guy next to her said."

While it was concerning that I was being greeted by someone I could not at all recognize, what really freaked me out is that both the woman who said hello and the guy who told me who she was were wearing Wizard of Oz flying monkey outfits. One of the few things on earth that maybe scares me more than clowns is one of those flying monkeys. And here was one calling me by name.



No comments:

Post a Comment