Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Concern

There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a
problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.
~ Harold Stephens
- - - - -
A few days ago we got an email from one of Elizabeth's teachers about her friendships getting in the way of her productivity in art class. For some reason, the message came just to me and not to both Chris and I. I forwarded the email to Chris. Here is a summary of our email exchanges around that topic:

Michelle: I would like Elizabeth not to have any friends over tonight until we discuss this.

Chris: She has softball practice, so she won't be home until later.

Michelle: Okay. I am concerned that this kind of behavior is becoming a pattern with her. What are your thoughts?

Chris: I'm out of beer.

4 comments: