Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mystery

Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life. Don't let them scare you unduly,
for they keep boredom at bay and spark creativity.
~ R. I. Fitzhenry
- - - - -

I cannot figure out why the girls love '80s hairband music. One of Maddie's favorite songs is, "Cherry Pie" by Warrant. Today Elizabeth announced that she loves "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison.

Maybe the person most surprised and concerned is Chris. She gave me a look of despairpain or shockdisgust when Elizabeth said, "Guess what song I love by the band Poison?" And I said, "The only one I can think of is Every Rose Has Its Thorn." I do have a freakishly powerful recall of songs.

Anyway, seriously, we raised them better than that.

1 comment:

  1. teehee I think she probably was familiarized with the song "every rose has it's thorn" because of Miley Cyrus's cover :) at least that made me like the song more hahaha

    ReplyDelete