Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mushrooms


You must grow like a tree, not like a mushroom.
~ Janet Erskine Stuart
- - - - -

First of all, there aren't as many quotations about mushrooms as I expected there would be.  Second, most of the quotations about mushrooms are pretty negative.  Third, I think mushrooms would get more quotations and respect if they were called something other than "mushrooms."  For example, "Shade blossoms" or "Moisture blooms" or maybe if we just stressed the FUN part of fungi.

Anyway, these are some morels we found in our backyard with the help of our friend Jerry.  I love finding morels.  I am hoping more will grow next year.  

We gave them to our neighbors because:

1. We were leaving on vacation.
2. I am the only person at our house who eats morels.
3. Our neighbors are always giving us things.
4. Best to have a test group before eating things that randomly grow in your backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment