Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Doors


Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea. 
~ Jim Rohn 
- - - - -

So, I have this thing where children are drawn to me.  I'm not sure why.  I tend to tease them and ask them ridiculous questions.  

Anyway, last weekend at Elizabeth's softball tournament, three little girls came up to Julie and I with a little black pug puppy.  I don't much care for little dogs and I don't much care for pugs.  I was nice though, and when they asked if I wanted to hold the puppy, I said, "Sure."

The little dog licked my chin and was sort of cute in a bug-eyed sort of way.

"One of her eyes popped out," said one of the girls.

I held the puppy away from me so I could see it's face.  Both eyes seemed to be in the puppy's head.  "What do you mean?  How did that happen?" I asked.

"It happened when she got squashed in a door and her eye popped out," said another of the girls.

Julie then asked, "Well, did it go back in?!"

"Yes," said the third girl.  When we opened the door and she blinked, her eye went back in."

I then asked Julie if she wanted to hold the puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment