Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

Birdhouse


I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
~ David Herbert Lawrence
- - - - -

I wonder if birds ever try to upgrade their birdhouses.  Would a bird be in a small birdhouse and then see one of those crazy birdhouse mansions and want to move into that?  This house, for example...  You can see the birdbath in the distance behind the birdhouse in this photo.  Would a bird think, "That's way too far to fly for a bath.  I need something closer."?

I know birds wouldn't care about not having a bathroom in their birdhouse because they poop everywhere.  And also I think it would be difficult to flush a toilet with a wing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment