Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Travel

Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. 
~ Seneca
- - - - -

So, I did my capstone project for my PhD program on outdoor recreation student staff.  I got the idea to do something with Outdoor Rec from Chris.  When I was in my dissertation seminar this semester, someone asked me what my capstone was about.  When I told them, someone else said, "That's not fair! You're not supposed to have FUN doing your doctoral work!"

I beg to differ.  Which is why I'm doing my dissertation on what it's like for me to travel around the country and visit friends and get presents from them.  I'm not sure how it will make a significant contribution to existing knowledge about higher education, but - hey - PRESENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment