Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Puppetry

If anyone would have been paying serious attention 
to my puppet shows, I would have been sent to 
therapy very young. 
~ Bob Balaban 

- - - - -
I didn't mind the fact that there was a puppet theatre at the art festival.  Though I don't care for dolls, puppets are less scary to me.  No, what I minded was the fact that the puppet master kept yelling at the top of his lungs, "PUPPET SHOW IN THREE MINUTES!!  COME TO THE PUPPET SHOW!!  PUPPPET SHOW RIGHT HERE!  PUPPET SHOW IN TWO MINUTES AND THIRTY FIVE SECONDS!  SOME SEE PUPPETS!  REAL PUPPETS!  PUPPET SHOW IN TWO MINUTES AND 27 SECONDS!!"

You get my drift, right?  Well, I got the puppet master's drift, too.  Instead of attracting me to the puppet show, it drove me away.

I won't hold it against all puppets or puppeteers, though.

Also, now that I've typed the word "puppet" over and over, it doesn't look right to me.  But I'm pretty sure it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment