Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Books

A house without books is like a room without windows. No man has a right to bring up children without surrounding them with books.... Children learn to read being in the presence of books.
~ Horace Mann
- - - - -

There are a lot of books in the world.  There are a lot of books in the library on my campus, too.  A LOT of books.  I took a tour of our library recently and saw the biggest book and the smallest book.  Tanya said when she gives kids a tour of the library they are way more interested in the small book than the big book.


You might think that is because kids are small and they like small things.  I think not.  I think it's because children like to steal things and a little book would be easier to steal.  I know they like to steal things because when I hear children singing it is like they are stealing my soul.

I also like libraries because children aren't allowed to sing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment