Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

"No, Kitty!  That's my pot pie!"
~ Eric Cartman
- - - - -

I do not like Banquet pot pies.  I actually don't really like pot pies at all.  They are yucky to me.  This is a photo of my parents' freezer.  Well, the freezer in the refrigerator in the basement.  What is reassuring to me is that they did not simply buy pot pies to torment me as a child.  They either really do like them, or else these are pot pies leftover from my childhood.  In which case, I guess they may have purchased them to torment me.

"Just try it," my parents would say.  "You'll like it.  Pot pies are good."

"I don't like them," I would respond.  I have tried them.

"You'll like them this time," they insisted.

They were always wrong.  Eventually, we all gave up.  They gave up trying to get me to try them and I gave up trying to convince them that I should just cash out whatever inheritance I was going to get so I could move far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment