Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Help

 The whole secret of existence is to have no fear.  
Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one.  
Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
~ Buddha
- - - - -

When I went on the ride along with the police, there were times I needed to stay in the car.  One time, while I was waiting for my officer to return, a guy came up and knocked on the window.  He said, "That police officer?  The one who was in here?  He just went in that building!"  I looked at the building and nodded.  "Well, he hasn't come back out, yet!" the guy added.

I said I was sure the officer would be back soon.

Later, as I reflected, I didn't know if the guy was concerned for the police officer or if he thought I was a prisoner and he was trying to help me escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment