Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Shell

Today I accidentally stepped on a snail
on the sidewalk in front of our house.
And I thought, I too am like that snail.
I build a defensive wall around myself, a "shell" if you will.
But my shell isn't made out of a hard, protective substance.
Mine is made out of tin foil and paper bags. 
~ Jack Handey
- - - - -
I saw this shell and took a picture of it.  I didn't take it from the beach.  I thought it might have germs or something on it.  Or bacteria.  Or bubonic plague.  Instead I left it there for others to enjoy.  

I think I enjoy shells because the word "shell" is in my name.  Except spelled differently.  "Michelle."  Or "my shell."  And if I was going to make a shell to protect myself, I would not use seashells or tin foil and paper bags.  I would use a shell of kindness to ward off evildoers.  And also that candy shell stuff you put on ice cream because who doesn't love that?  And also a little bit of tin foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment