Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Breakfast

Breakfast is a notoriously difficult meal to serve with a fluorish.
~ Clement Freud
- - - - -

This is the "toast press" my mother has on the refrigerator in my childhood home.  If and when that home becomes a museum in my honor, the toast press thing should be removed.  It was not in the home when I was a child there.  My mother never - not one time - wished me a good morning on my toast.

Rather, I remember most mornings positioning the cereal box so that it would block Erik from my sight.  I could not stand him.  And he could not stand me, either, I am sure.  I read a LOT of cereal boxes when I was a kid.  And Erik chewed loudly.  Or at least I remember yelling at him about that many times when I was growing up.

(pause)

I was not so much of a morning person then.

No comments:

Post a Comment