Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Superstition

There is superstition in avoiding superstitions.
~ Francis Bacon
- - - - -

The other day Sara and I were going to the Memorial Union.  I knew when we approached the zodiac what was going to happen.  I mumbled, "I'm not with her.  I'm not with her," as Sara pushed the cart right across the zodiac.

"What's wrong with you?" she asked.

"You will fail your next test if you walk across the zodiac," I explained (for the forty billionth time).

"Oh.  I don't believe in that.  I went here for my master's, but not my undergrad degree.  I think that only applies if you were an undergrad."

We'll see, Sara.  We shall definitely see.  And don't come crying to me the next time you take an eye exam or test your smoke detectors at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment