Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2016

Truck

I didn't wait for Luck. I tore after it with a truck.
~ A. A. Bell
- - - - -

This looks like a truck my Grandpa Boettcher used to have. For a while he kept it in the shed by the chicken coop. Then later it was in the shed by the pig pen. My grandparents lived on a farm - if you didn't catch that from the chicken coop and pig pen references.

I loved that truck - even though it was green and I don't always like the color green.

I learned to pretend drive in that truck. I also learned to pretend work on a farm in that truck. And to pretend my brother and cousin were evil villains trying to capture me while I hid in that truck.

Everyone should have a grandpa's truck in their childhood. And by childhood I mean time when they were a child, not a neighborhood of only children. If that were the case, then the truck should be a Ford and not a Chevrolet.  Why, you ask?

I'll give you a moment to figure it out on your own.

(waiting)

(waiting)

Sigh.  Okay, fine.  Because if it was a truck in a neighborhood of children it would probably end up being a Ford of the Flies.

(pause)

Get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment