Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Whisper

It isn't what they say about you. It's what they whisper.
~ Errol Flynn
- - - - -
Dottie: Just ignore Felicia, Rhoda. She thinks she better than everyone else.

Rhoda: But why, Dottie? Why does she think she's so great?

Dottie: Because she doesn't have just a plain fabric head.

Rhoda: So she's hard-headed?

Dottie: Yes. Exactly.

Rhoda: But why is that good?

Dottie: It's not, Rhoda. She just think it's make her better. It doesn't. It just makes her different.

Rhoda: Like a baby chick with a broken wing?

Dottie: Exactly.

Rhoda: And don't the other baby chicks peck the one with the weird wing to death?

Dottie: Um...

Rhoda: So shouldn't we --

Dottie: Rhoda, stop. 

Rhoda: I mean, if she's --

Dottie: Rhoda, I said stop. She's different, but she's still like us, too.

Rhoda: I don't see how. She doesn't have on blue. She doesn't have yarn hair.

Dottie: But she has fabric arms.

Rhoda: Is one of them broken?

Dottie: Rhoda - you have to stop that.

Rhoda: Okay. I will.

Dottie: Good.

Rhoda: Until she falls asleep.

Dottie dropped the conversation at that point because Felicia's eyes were painted on. 

So, I was going to finish this by saying, "But Dottie vowed then and there NEVER to introduce Rhoda to _______" and I was going to fill in the blank with the name of a doll with closing eyes, but I couldn't think of one and then I went to look it up and I found a listing on eBay for "doll eyes" and I thought about a pile of doll eyes and I got freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment